Stockton, Ca.
Ph 7.8
FC 16
CC-0
TC 0
TA 80
CALCIUM- TURNED PINK NOT RED??
CYA 85-90

MY CYA WAS ABOUT 100 . I DRAINED 35-40 % OF POOL. i AM SLAMMING NOW BUT FROM MY READING IT STILL SUGGEST MORE POOL DUMP. I LIVE IN CALIF AND AT ANY MOMENT THEY ARE GOING TO COME AND ARREST ME!! OR MY NEIGHBORS ATTACK ME FOR WAISTING WATER!!! HEHE.
I ACTUALLY DUMPED 3/4 TWO MONTHS AGO. WHATS GOING ON HERE!!!!! I SHOULD HAVE DRAINED THE WHOLE FRICKN THING 2 MONTHS AGO. I DO HAVE TONS OF TREE LEAFS AND **** THAT FALL INTO THE WATER. btw BOUGHT A TIGER SHARK. WORTHLESS!! DON'T BUY ONE.

PS HEEEELLLLLPPPPPPPPP LET ME GUESS DUMP?
I heard there is something that just came on the market that lowers CYA has anyone heard of it.

Yes, there is a new BioActive powder that is now on the market, but folks who. Have tested and reported here give less than stellar reviews. Some have reported small reductions while other have had no reduction at all.

If you can dump some more water and refill to get CYA a little lower. You need to make sure you are targeting correct FC shock level and hitting it by testing 30 mins later. Don't test for PH or anything else when your FC is above 10 as it will not be accurate.

I am not!!

- - - Updated - - -

I am shocking at 26.5 FC now. No other suggestions. Pool looks great but can't swim in it at these levels and Phosphate level still seems to be at 200 or so.

- - - Updated - - -

I am shocking at 26.5 FC now. No other suggestions. Pool looks great but can't swim in it at these levels and Phosphate level still seems to be at 200 or so.

You can swim at anything up to shock levels. So, with 90 CYA you can swim with FC up to 35. People are generally more uncomfortable,with pH out of range than high FC. The problem is that with FC above 10 pH tests are inaccurate.

Ignore phosphates.

If you can not pass the OCLT, you need to continue to SLAM the pool.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I'm in the middle of a high CYA SLAM as well. I had algae and a CYA of 120+, and drained half the water to get it down to 85. I'm shocking at an FC level of 35, and hoping to pass the OCLT and CC test in the morning. I've been at it for 8 days now, and know I'm pretty close, but I'm not stopping until I'm sure.

Good luck with your SLAM, let us know how the OCLT go. What was the reason for your SLAM? Looks like your CC's were good?

Jeff

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.