New Install CircuPool Si30 problem

jpotts

May 9, 2015
Giblert AZ
I just install a newCircuPool Si30 system. When I first turned it on it reported salt level very close to water test at 3800ppm an hour later it reports 900 now 100 for 2 days now. The water tests out at 3800ppm, the diagnostic reads -0000 for salt, I get a green light that it is generating chlorine , set at 75% but so far chlorine tests low. Water temp is 73F.
Should I be concerned that the system is not reporting salt level correctly as long as chlorine is produced?

If I were you, I would contact the CircuPool folks. Normally if the unit is reporting low salt, chlorine will not be made at all which sounds like what's happening even though it reports that it is...

Question - How large is your pool? There are several things that matter when it comes to trying to diagnose problems that are posted.

We REALLY would appreciate you filling out your signature with those details. If we know the details, it will get a an answer and better recommendations much quicker.
Here's a link http://www.troublefreepool.com/content/165-getting-started

Have you check your cell to see if it's clogged. If your PH is too high and depending on other factors it can clog in a jiffy. I use a high pressure nozzel to blow it clean. Works OK if you don't mind getting wet.

But their tech support is top of the line.

What are the diagnostic voltage and current readings? If the current is 0.00, you are not generating anything even though the green generation light is on. Your diagnostic salt reading will be 0000 or a little higher. If this is your case, you may be able to reset the unit. Put the on / off switch to off, then disconnect all power to the unit (you should be able to do that at your local disconnect). You may or may not hear a relay click when you disconnect the power. Wait a few seconds then reconnect power, be sure your pump is running, then turn the unit back to auto.

Recheck the current reading, if the reset worked it should give you a reading other then 0.

Hope this works for you. Good luck.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.