Mar 1, 2013
Charlotte, USA
Pool Size
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Jandy Aquapure 1400
Hey forum,
Thinking about buying a solar blanket, cover, fancy bubble wrap for my IG pool. Curious, any experiences with the different mil sizes and have they ever blown away on anyone? I get some decent winds at my house and I don't want to see my new bubble wrap blow away...ha ha.

How about increasing pool temps and helping evaporation? Does it really help?

Does it do anything with chemical balance (PH, FC, TA, etc...) because this sheet of plastic is laying on top all day long?

Mine has never blown away. The temp increase can be substantial when your pool is in direct sun. It also keeps the heat trapped overnight it also helps reduce chlorine usage.. My clear heated things better than my newer blue. I would guess it added about 2 months to our season last year. I recommend a reel. The reel has been awesome.

- - - Updated - - -

I also can't use it in the summer or the pool gets way too hot.

Great, thanks for information. Any help with pool water evaporation? And for clarity, you like the clear type over the blue? What mil thickness do you use?

It does slow down evaporation, our new one is thicker so I'm really grateful for the roller. Get a roller for sure. The clear one seemed to warm the water a bit more.

I bought a 16 mil clear but I knew from reading to get a reel for it... I purchased this one

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0037TWCH0

It is very nice but I have not put it together so i cant say how good it is yet, sometimes that reel is cheeper elsewhere but I have prime and its free shipping so worked out close to the same price...

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.