Intex SWG CS8110 Low Flow

May 8, 2015
Notasulga, AL
Hello all! I am new to this site and am having trouble with my SWG. When I turn it on, within minutes it starts beeping reading code "90" "low flow". I have checked pretty much everything I know to check that would cause low flow, but I have not found anything wrong. The pressure and flow back into the pool seems to be pretty strong, but it's almost as if this error is keeping the SWG from actually making chlorine. Is this possible? I need help!

Check to make sure all the hose connections are tight between the pool, pump, filter, and swg. It is probably sucking air into the system. Also did you drain it and put it away over the winter? If the cylinder is backwards you will get the low flow error. Here is a link to an [/url=http://x.havuz.org/viewtopic.php?p=31302] intex pool forum [/url] that has some suggestions for trouble shooting your pool. I don't know anyone who has tried the tipping method they mention so I would check other solutions first.
There are also some threads on TFP that address this problem. If you go to the search box in the upper right corner of this page and type intex swg low flow error 90 you should pull up a few threads to check for solutions.

We did not winterized it, which is probably the problem. We bought this house last August and the pool came with it. We had never owned a pool before so we really had no idea what to do. The low flow error 90 started at the end of swimming season last year, and we should have taken care of it then but had so much going on we really didn't do anything about it. We will definitely winterize it from here on out, but I'm thinking we will have to get a new SWG or just convert it to chlorine until we do that. Any tips on converting to chlorine?

All you have to do is add chlorine. We recommend using liquid chlorine, either from a pool supply or plain, unscented 8% bleach from the grocery store. You can use PoolMath to plug in your test results to see what you need to add to your pool.

You could try disconnecting the SWG and cleaning everything up. Some people reported debris prevented the flow valve from opening completely.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.