Replacement Compupool unit bit the dust after 1 season, back to bottle service

x2rider

LifeTime Supporter
Jun 19, 2011
Bartlesville, OK
Opened the pool this season, water tested ok, but salt was a bit low. Put in 3 bags to bring salt up to 3800.

I noticed the front display being warmer than usual, but the heatsink seemed normal.
This morning I checked on it, and display was dead.
Opened it up tonight, and found parts on the bottom of the case melted to the case.

Attachments

• IMG_2654.jpg
    IMG_2654.jpg
    98.7 KB · Views: 66
  • IMG_2655.jpg
    IMG_2655.jpg
    96.9 KB · Views: 66
  • IMG_2656.jpg
    IMG_2656.jpg
    55.9 KB · Views: 66
They sent me a replacement for my original unit which almost melted the wires to the cell.
This is the latest CPSC48 with the new cell.

I got it in time for last season (had to go half the season of 2013 without it because they didn't have any replacements in stock). Worked fine last year, but this year decided to go belly up.

At this point, I have no confidence in their units. I'll have to look at some better brands, I'll never buy them again.

It might still be under warranty, it's right at 3 years from the original purchase, and this unit is only 1 year old.

No faults were shown, it was originally set at 50% power, then i reduced it to 40%

tested my water tonight

Salt: 3800 (taylor K-1766 test kit)
FC: 3.0
Ph: 7.4
TA: 30
Ch: 125
CYA: 60

Surely they would do something about that. That's basically a catastrophic failure. Either way, that's a bad situation to have electrical components melting, especially around a pool.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am sure compupool will take care of that. Being only a year old and all. I have been lucky (looking for wood to knock on) with mine. This is our 4th year with our cpsc24. But as I haven't hooked it up yet for the year I am going to keep my mouth shut and hope that they do right by this one. Good luck.

Give Jason a call at Compupool. He's been very helpful with my issues. I ended up going with a CPX series. (It had 1 issue required a new power supply, but has been ok since.)
Jason Thompson
Customer Service Manager
CompuPool Products
126 Semoran Commerce Pl.
Suite B
Apopka, FL 32703
Toll Free: 888-989-7258
Fax: 407-880-6483
[email protected]

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Well well well, look what came in today

bcb995db405b05857c0294608b1e56ab.jpg

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.