my pool is green with fresh fill

May 8, 2015
bethalto il
I have a 4ft x 20ft intex style pool with a salt water filter. I just filled it, no well water, and its clear but has a slight green tint to it. I went to the local pool store and he had me put 2 bags of shock in it. Nothing has changed. Was wondering what else I could try.
Thank you in advance for any help!!

Welcome! :wave:

I'm assuming it's crystal clear, but some shade of Emerald Green? Odds are, it will go away in a day or two unless you filled from a well or a pond or something other than a municipal water supply. It's probably some rusty water that looks pale yellow normally, but against the bluish pool, looks green.

If you just go ahead and balance it as if it weren't green, it should disappear. It's a common problem. Check the search function and see for yourself.

And now, let's address the pool store advice. Did they perform a free water test? Did their expensive "shock" do anything? Odds are yes and no, respectively. Let that be a lesson. :deal:

My immediate suggestion is to relax and see what happens to the tint. While you're waiting, peruse Pool School, especially the ABCs, Test Kits, Recommended Chemicals, Poolmath, and Water Balance for saltwater pools. If it's not too late, hold off on the salt until you get things straightened out and hold "Diamond Day" Post 5

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.