Last 24 hr readings:
5/7 5/8 5/8 5/8

CYA: 35 35 35 35
FC 10 8.5 10 14
CC 0.5 0 0 0
TC 8.5 12 10 14
pH 7.2 7.2 7.2 7.2
ALK 80 80 80 80

Pool still cloudy gray (having trouble attaching photo on iPad). I'm using 14 as my shock FC as CYA is an arbitrary middle number given the markings on the TF-100 cylinder.

OCLT < 1.0
CC < 0.5
Cartridges cleaned regularly with good PSI

I am going to continue to maintain SLAM for good measure. But this is not typical for me.

Anyone have any thoughts?

Many thanks.

The first thing that pops out is that you FC reading don't seem to be SLAM shock level

- - - Updated - - -

The first thing that pops out is that you FC reading don't seem to be maintained at SLAM shock level.
http://www.troublefreepool.com/content/128-chlorine-cya-chart-slam-shock
Your PH will give a false reading over 10 FC.

I would continue to SLAM you have not met all 3 slam criteria if your pool is still cloudy.

If CYA is 35, then you are correct using 14 as the shock level. If it's actually closer to 40, then maybe 16 FC would be a better target.

It's normal for the last 10% to take 90% of the time, like everything else in the world. Bump up the FC after sundown and brush things so whatever particles are in the water get suspended so the filter can grab 'em. And open a can of POP. Pool Owner Patience. It took more than 4 days to get green and chunky, it'll take more than 4 days to clear it.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.