Hard Plumbing with soloar heater

May 8, 2015
Gibsonia, PA
I want to hard plumb my above ground pool. I have a Solar Pro XD2 heater. I have read the threads about hard plumbing but haven't seen any mention of solar heaters. Is this possible to do? I'm not sure how I would connect the PVC to the solar heater's in and out hoses. Any ideas?

:wave: Welcome to TFP!!!

It is certainly possible and done often, but I am not sure how the connections to that solar heater work.

FYI, solar heating is about square feet of exposure to the sun. That solar heater is pretty small so I would not expect too much out of it ... it is certainly expensive for the size :shock:

Thanks for the reply. I have two of them with a bypass. Cost about $ 250. It will raise the temp about 5-7 degrees. Good to use early and late in the year when it gets cold at night and the water temp drops. Don't use it at all in the summer. Pool will stay at 80-82 on its own.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.