2" skimmer line and 1 1/2" main drain and returns?

cwmoody

LifeTime Supporter
Jun 28, 2011
Mississippi
I am in the process of renovating my pool and replacing my skimmer. All the lines are 1 1/2", but rather than transition from the 2" skimmer to the old 1 1/2" pipe, I was thinking about just running new 2" all the way to the equipment pad. Will the 2" skimmer line cause any problems when the main drain and returns are 1 1/2"? Thanks in advance.

Thanks everybody. I didn't think it would pose a problem, but wanted to check. I am not really looking to improve performance, although that would be nice. I already have the deck torn up, so I was going to dig down in the yard to minimize the fittings I put under the deck. Since the equipment pad is only about fifteen feet away, I thought I might as well run the two inch all the way. So I can just transition back to 1 1/2" at the pad before connecting to the Jandy valve, right?

Dave, this massive renovation I have tackled has pushed back my test kit renewal order. Sure ready to gets things put back together and just focus on water chemistry!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.