Houston, Texas New Pool Construction

I think we have decided on the following pool. I am looking to see if I have missed/gone overboard on anything. It's been 15 years since we built a pool and my how things have changed! :D

Our price for the following pool is 66k, located in Houston, Texas. I think my 2 main concerns are: (1) of course, does the price seem appropriate and (2) do I need more jets in the spa?

I really like the PB, but I will admit, we didn't do much shopping around because this company recently completed a pool for our friend and came highly recommended.

Pool
36’ x 16’
Total SF – 583 / Perimeter – 109’
Depth – 3’6”– 8’

Spa
10’x 7’ w/ Bi Level Seating
Raised – 6”
Returns – 6 Waterway Jets
Light – 1 – LED Colored light
Air Button Switch – 10 Function spa side remote

Accents
Coping - Flagstone
Tile – ceramic
Accent Tile – Steps and benches

Water Features
Bubblers – 3 on Tanning Ledge with actuator for automated control
Sheer Descents – 3 @ 2’ each

Miscellaneous
Fill line – Auto
Over flow - To drains
Raised beam – 6” & 12” finished w/Stacked Stone Tile
Raised Planters – 2 @ 18” raised – 4’x4’ each
Tanning Ledge - 1
Bench - 2
Returns - 6
Skimmers - 2
Main Drains - 4
Pool light – 2 – LED Colored lights
Plaster – Pebble Sheen

Equipment
Pump – IntelliFlo Variable Speed (Pentair)
Filter – 420 Cartridge (Pentair)
Separate Sheer Descent Pump – 1.5HP WhisperFlo (Pentair)
Cleaner – Racer (Pentair)
Heater – 400,000 BTU (Pentair)
Chlorinator – 320 Rainbow
Blower – 1.5 HP Silencer
Automated System – EasyTouch 8 wireless
Flood Light at Equipment

Deck
Spray Deck Surface
Deck Poured – 853 SF
Existing Patio Topped – 256 SF

Thank you!!

Attachments

• Pool Pic copy.jpg
    Pool Pic copy.jpg
    57.2 KB · Views: 121
  • Pool Scale copy.jpg
    Pool Scale copy.jpg
    36.2 KB · Views: 121
Welcome to TFP!

this company recently completed a pool for our friend and came highly recommended

Hard to go elsewhere when you know they do good work.

My comment is regarding the decking. Two places where the deck narrows down to only 3ft on the path to your seating area. Pretty narrow. Mark that on a floor some way and make sure you don't mind it being that tight. It sounds bigger than it is.

The second pump at 1.5hp? could be overkill...are they putting in 2" returns, all run separate to the pump?

cartridge filter seems a bit small, but I am sure others will chime in.

how much are they charging for the automation system? may not be needed if you don't mind doing a few things manual.

the entrance/shallow end entry seems like an odd location, you would think it would be on the house side.

beautiful pool by the way. I would agree with John, 3 feet is too narrow around the pool. mine has that and I feel like I will fall in one day!

EDIT: I see you have fountains, I guess that's the reason for second large pump and the automation

Nice design! Welcome to TFP!

Using a builder you know and trust is worth thousands in peace of mind.

3'6" is pretty shallow. If we had it do do over it would be 4x5x4. Get a tape measure and hold it up to everyone and see how shallow it really is.

X2 on the location of the entry. It doesn't make sense to have the entry away from the house. I'd say your price is competitive. Get the largest filter you can. And, are your bubblers are fun. Are they simply returns? If not you might like deck jets. A 4 pack is a little over $300. Plumbing might be $500 though. Just a thought... Might want to consider a robot for cleaning. They are far more energy efficient. Good luck!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.