Thanks to TFP, no SLAM needed!

Mar 29, 2015
Indiana
Just wanted to say thanks to all the members here that share their wealth of knowledge. If you've been following any of the bioactive threads you know that my first task while attempting my own pool care was to get my CYA from around 500 under control. I got it down to 90, which I know is still considered high, but at least it's manageable for me. So then I knew it would be time to start my first slam. My water looks great, but I went almost three weeks with chlorine <5 and was sure there would be some nasty stuff growing I couldn't see. Based on the pool math results I knew I needed to keep FC around 35. So I started with 12% liquid chlorine and measured FC/CC after each bottle I added. After the third bottle I was at FC of 18 and CC 0. This was around 8:30pm. I decided just for fun I'd try on OCLT at that level. This morning still had 18 FC! I'm sure if I was still using the pool store I would have spent a ton of money and still have a disaster on my hands. So far this year with the exception of water/bioactive costs I've got about $20 in chlorine and $10 in muriatic acid.

So thanks to everyone again. The posts you make on threads are helpful to more than just the OP. Everyone else searching sees them and unlike most other forums, everyone here giving advise actual says the same thing!

Next step is to get rid of some slight metal staining and we're ready for the season.

:snorkle:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.