Skimmer crack

Mar 21, 2015
USA
Ok so I have not even had this pool for a year, ordered it summer of 2014 and I just took the cover off my pool to notice that the skinmer is cracked.

I know I closed my pool correctly last winter and lowered the water level to the reccomended amount but now I have a question, should I order a new skimmer or epoxy the old one?

Here is a picture of the crack
wWmDBUF.jpg

Now I took a rubber mallet and gently tapped on the crack to try to close it and here is my result.
J39uwUb.jpg

Am I ok to apply epoxy or something to patch the crack or do I have to order a new skimmer?

The reason why I am asking is because I heard that if the skimmer isn't installed right, it might screw up the liner.

Last edited by a moderator:
If you're looking at the skimmer from inside the pool, you will unscrew the screws on the faceplate. Once the screws are removed, it will come right off. Replace the butterfly gasket and put the New box on. It helps to have someone on outside holding it so you can work inside.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.