Dolphin Supreme M4...what brush do I have??

doncaruana

Gold Supporter
Bronze Supporter
LifeTime Supporter
Aug 25, 2011
Northville, Mi
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
I got my dolphin from the builder when they put in the pool. Unfortunately, he was a bit of a shyster and I got his "test" model, so didn't get a lot of stuff (think "what's in the box" and answer is almost nothing).

So...that being said...how do I know what brush is actually installed on it? The one on there now has these foam rings on the outside edges. Is that the combined brush? Or does the pvc brush have those too? And should I get a PVC brush for my vinyl liner pool?

And would I just pull the gray part to change it if I did buy a pvc brush? (or are there instructions somewhere about that?)

They do have different roller/brush options. My M5 came just like you see it and the M4 pictured in all the Ads. Did you get the remote and caddy for it? If he charged you full price, this sounds wrong to get the test model.

:hammer:

Yeah, mine looks like the stock picture too. I bought the remote extra but he gave me a partially broken caddy. I ended up getting the part that was broken from Maytronics.

Is it hard to change the brush? I have yet to see any instructions...

Anyone have any ideas how to actually change the brush on one of these? The little rubber stubs are impossible to get through the holes!

Okay..mission accomplished. By the end of the second brush, I had become fairly good at this. The key is a set of needlenose pliers with a fairly small point.

I stuck the closed pliers inside the hole, expanded them, then either pushed the expanded hole over the stub or grabbed the stub with the pliers and pulled it through. Had to work with my hand then to either pull the stub while holding the tab with the hole in it with the pliers or vice versa.

Also found these instructions on taking the thing apart which were quite useful and, while not exactly the same, are pretty darned close: http://www.inyopools.com/HowToPage/how_to_replace_the_maytronics_dolphin_nautilus_combined_brushes.aspx

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.