Baq to bleach conversion started. Have a couple ??'s

Cpower

May 7, 2015
Wampum Pa.
Hello to all. My name is Chris and I just joined up to this great site. Up til this point the pool store has done my sampling. Had enough of that so I picked up a LaMotte 2056. Im making the switch to chlorine and so far I think its going pretty good. Getting lots of goop out. My process started yesterday and its gone like this...

Closed pool for winter with Baquacil products.
Opened pool to clear water. Zero chemicals added. New sand.

5/7/15
11am Ph low added soda ash to get a 7.3 reading
Added 10 gal of 8% bleach pool went green/brown/to white

FCC=.80 -I think Im missing something here with my reading. Is this my true PPM after adding bleach??

Had to goto work but when I got home I did a full test

11:40pm

FCC- .25
TCL- 2.59
Ph- 7.6
Aly- 111
CH- 205
CYA- 6

Water Clear. White Goop floating everywhere. Backwashed filter. Bed time

5/8/2015 8:30 am

FCC- .20
Tcl- 2.24
Ph- 7.6
Aly- 111
CH- 205
Cya- 5

Backwash, Vac, Scrub pool. water clear except for white goop floating around. which I got a lot out.

Added 4 gal of bleach @ 10 am. pretty colors!

My main issue is getting my Fcc right. my readings are not where they should be unless im missing something? any help would be great.
Thanks

Howdy Neighbor... Welcome to the forum! You already threw the first punch at the Baquacil so keep bleaching it till it dies. I got super lucky and mine went code brown right away then cleared over night. You won't be sorry when you see how much better the water clarity is.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.