The pool isnt officially open until????

tjroux

Sep 1, 2012
Gardiner, ME
For us it's when I put the stairs in and declare it summer...

Stairs do not go in until the pool water is clear and the floor is clean ^_^

Regardless of the water temp ( I think it was 60 yesterday ) if the kids want to swim let em swim :)

Hmmm, interesting idea. I dove in for the first time last weekend at 79* after getting way hot doing yard work. But, I don't think it is official pool season until the water is about 85 and you spend the first lazy day lounging around the pool ALL DAY!

I put the steps in yesterday and our pool is open. Temp is 74°. Hubby n I we're in it today.

Pool isn't officially open until the kids start fighting over pool toys! Yep, it's already open...
I should also add it's not officially open until every member of the family has gone in (including me :rolleyes:).

Pool isn't officially open until the kids start fighting over pool toys! Yep, it's already open...
I should also add it's not officially open until every member of the family has gone in (including me :rolleyes:).

Hubby was in with me today and my brother called and asked to bring his girls over because his pool needs a new liner. They swam for 4 hours. They'll be back tomorrow.

Were officially open!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
It hit 70 degrees on Monday... We put a super dark liner in this year and so far seems to be making a difference warming up the pool.

You need a solar cover at night to retain all the heat you gain through the day.

We have one... Wife and I will be putting it on tonight I think. Just had alot going on ( spring indoor soccer, yard clean up, plant garden, new liner, both wife and I working new jobs ) But yes, one of the first things I bought when I got the pool

We have used the pool 3-4 days so far. Two really good days when the air temp was in the 80s. That would not have been possible without my pool heater though. The weather in chicago can be 60 one day and 80 the next but if I wake up at 5am and turn on the heater by the time it is noon the water is always 85. the first time I used the pool the water temp was in the 50s and I brought it all the way up to 85. This was for my daughters B day party.

I would not have a pool in chicago without a heater. Also, my pool is 16' x 48" deep so relatively small and easy to heat.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.