Can't decide on a liner...it's driving me mad! Opinions??

Jun 7, 2013
Hi guys!

Our concrete bottom has been poured on our new pool. The pool is 41x25x18, called a humpback haven from Megna pools (manufacturer). So we are stumped on a liner options. We like the turquoise (ish) look but we don't want it to be too light or clear in color. That said we do like the blues but not where it's looks like bright blue ink. The blue liners to me look good but a part of me thinks it looks same old...same old boring blue!

Here is the link to the liner choices. We were thinking on the Greystone or the Seaglass in the bottom left corner. Any thoughts, experiences or opinions on my liner options or ideas? I called one company that sells these brand of pool and liner and she said they sell 40 pools per year and install 30 of them in Greystone or Sandstone. We have a two foot high boulder retaining wall and those rocks are grey in color.

http://www.megnapools.com/2015 30 mil No Tile Patterns.pdf

Thanks so much!!

You are the only ones that matter as for a choices like this matter. But, I will say that's long as you have several that you like, narrow it down best as possible and flip a coin. Humans are readily adaptable and will get used to anything. After a couple of weeks playing in the pool you won't even remember you had problems with a color choice.

and thats the awesome part of vinyl, if you want you can change it 5 years from now :)

get what you like looking at....

It is ultimately your opinion. I would personally not go with the greystone. To me pools that are blackish or grayish always look dirty. My liner is similar to Plaza, and I love it (assuming those are about 1" squares). I also like the looks of white pebble beach or riverstones. If you didnt like the tiled look, I would pick pebble beach.

If the pool company has vinyl samples, get a set of them, adn place them in the bottom of a pool somewhere (find a neighbor with a pool or go to a neighborhood pool) and see what they look like in sunlight under water. I was shocked to see when I picked my liner that once in water, my opinions changed.

It is ultimately your opinion. I would personally not go with the greystone. To me pools that are blackish or grayish always look dirty. My liner is similar to Plaza, and I love it (assuming those are about 1" squares). I also like the looks of white pebble beach or riverstones. If you didnt like the tiled look, I would pick pebble beach.

If the pool company has vinyl samples, get a set of them, adn place them in the bottom of a pool somewhere (find a neighbor with a pool or go to a neighborhood pool) and see what they look like in sunlight under water. I was shocked to see when I picked my liner that once in water, my opinions changed.

Having a black liner, I do not agree with this statement. If the sun is out it looks dark blue and you can easily see the bottom from every angle. I am partial to darker as I do not like to be like everyone else...good luck in your decision.

Just to confuse things even more...lol

I don't care for dark colored pools, nor the typical blue you see in most liners. The liner we chose looks like white granite, much like the White Terrazzo sample (except the speckles in ours are more teal than blue). I absolutely love it!

Perhaps something to consider, dark colors are probably more likely to show the effects of fading over time than light colors.

Where do you live? It makes a difference. I wish my pool were a darker color. I think it would warm up better.

A pattern will also hide the stray bits of grit that land in the pool, generally immediately after you put away the vacuum and hose. My plaster is plain white and with superclear water, every last piece of shingle grit is visible from across the pool.

Thanks for all the reply's! I ended up picking the greystone. Our PB has a video of a pool that he built and it was in greystone and I really liked the look so that sealed the deal for us. I hope we like it?! I would find it much easier picking out a color for a new vehicle than a pool liner...good grief. Next is the concrete or pavers? Leaning towards pavers....

Congratulations on making your choice! Each decision made is such a relief, right?!

I just opened your thread with the intent to offer you a deal.... You choose my finish color, and I'll choose your vinyl! Rats, I was too late!

I vote for pavers but probably because that is the ONE thing I've known from the beginning I wanted.

Take care! Suz.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.