Jandy watercolor a LED light stopped working.

Azmp1

LifeTime Supporter
Jul 20, 2012
Maryland
Hi folks,
So I have two large Jandy water colors led lights in my pool, both were install as part of the build less 2 summers ago.
So, as I opened my pool this week, I go to test the lights and immidialaty upon turning them on, the breaker trips (the lights are on their own GFCI breaker, only shared with the outlet that's on the side of the AqualinkRS box). I reset the breaker, cycle them on again and one of the light will no longer work. The other works fine and cycles through the colors just fine so the relay seems to be ok. The breaker had not trip again, which tells me it's not a continued short, rather was a momentary issue, that possibly killed the light? I can read current in both junction boxes, so the electricity is there, being delivered to both lights.
So, what's my next step here? Do I now pull the light and troubleshoot on the other end? Any suggestions, guidance? I'm still hoping that it's maybe not the light as it would royally suck to have to already spend $$$ on the light that only about 2 years old!!
Talking about that... If this is the light, I'm starting to get extremely disappointed with Jandy products. In two years of ownership, I have already replaced main pump (ceased up after one season), Aqualinkntouch display (would not charge) and iAqualink (replaced with 2.0 as the original one was a total POS that never worked properly). So now if I have to replace/service the light as well I will be very unhappy...

In any case, any advise, suggestions, guidance here? Maybe someone had a similar problem?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

My next step would be to swap the bulbs between the two fixtures and see if the good light works in the bad location. If it does you have narrowed it down to the bulb. If it doesn't, then that fixture is bad.

Thanks Tim, is there a bulb in these LED lights? I thought these had a board with led's on it which they call a light processor or something like that..

Thanks Tim, is there a bulb in these LED lights? I thought these had a board with led's on it which they call a light processor or something like that..

it very well could be a board, then my comment is of little value. Heck my wife says that all the time.

The ones I have seen are a bulb that screws into a standard Edison socket inside the niche.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.