Ducks in pool

:)

Labrador_Retrievers_yellow_and_red.jpg

Reactions: Gardenmom

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Get some very heavy fishing line and string it across the pool in a grid overhead. They can't see it easily, but when they encounter it they feel trapped and stay away.

I know several people farther south in Louisiana that have had this side effect from ducks in the pool:

alligators-in-pool.jpg

Thankfully the nearest gators are 5 or so miles from my pool, although I did have a 6 ft Water Moccasin in the pool last week, must have came in while one of the doors was left open, it shed its skin in the pool house kitchen before going for a swim.

5 miles are the nearest ones, they don't get common until about 35 miles south of here, and don't become every day sights along the side of the road for another 35 miles or so. The worst thing about them is their droppings, if you thought duck droppings are bad, try droppings that contain ducks.

If anyone doesn't mind my asking - what's the harm of ducks in the pool? There's nothing for them to eat there, they're not going to stick around. I know they might defecate in the pool but we have filters for that, right? They might drop a feather or two?

Ducks and birds in general are a nuisance in your pool. They drop feathers and copious amounts of poop, and if they decide your pool is their new private pond, they will defend "their territory" every time you go out.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.