Bleach Usage

dschribs

Mar 14, 2013
CT
i opened my pool a few weeks early this year because i want it to be ready for Memorial Day. Its been open for about ten days or so. The past week i noticed that I've only needed to add about 48 oz of bleach per day - based on my Taylor test kit. That's a good deal less than I was adding most of last Summer.

Do I not need as much on an every day basis because the water is so cold - 60 degrees - and no one is swimming yet?? It doesn't seem like the FC goes down much at all within 24 hours. It goes from 6 ppm to about 5 ppm in 24 hours...does that seem right for my circumstances??

CYA is about 20, Just added some granular conditioner in a sock - about a pound - yesterday. Im paranoid about adding too much so I figure i would add a bit - test in a week - then go from there...

My pool is not using a lot of chlorine either. I attribute it to the fact that I finally have the chemistry right and because there have been a lot of cloudy, rainy, overcast days, which help the chlorine stick around. The kids have been swimming but together they equal a small adult. I also know the days have not been super hot because my solar has been struggling to get past 82 for more than a week. Last month the pool hit 86.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.