test kits reviewed

MEvan

In The Industry
Jul 21, 2008
Pittsburgh, PA
pool and spa news did a test comparison of some test kits. heres the article http://poolspanews.com/2008/092/092n_testkits.html after you reasd the article on the right you can access the actual results. I was having trouble interpereting them to see what is the best test. It seems as if the palintest is a more accurate test than lammotte. If this is the most accurate, what is the cost difference between palin and lammotte for a company, does anyone in the industry know this? give your thoughts on this article

I find it very interesting that they did NOT review and test any Taylor kits, which are the most common ones used by the service industry in the US. Palintest was the only one that used a colorimeter so it was not really fair to include it. They did not test any of the LaMotte colorimeters, only the strip and kits and did not specfy whether the reagents were liquid or tablet. I wonder if the anonymous company was Taylor. They actually faired the best. I have a problem with the test strips. NO test strips test calcium hardness, only total hardness but the article did NOT differentiate that!

All in all I have several problems with their testing methodology. All it really shows is that a colorimeter is better than not having one for colormetric tests and a GOOD test kit do better than cheap ones (Guardex, Pentair) and the only things strips might be good for is chlorine.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.