Help Locating Part for Old Pump

sbcpool

Mar 10, 2015
Upland, CA
Just purchased a new home that came with an in-ground ~20,000 gallon plaster pool that is very old, but functional. Luckily when my TF-100 arrived the water tested good (CYA 40, CH 325, TA 90, FC 5). However, the Aqua-Flo A pump has a trap cover on it with a broken lock handle and it's not see through. I'm hoping someone can help me identify a see-through lid that will fit in place of this one. It's also leaking slowly at the outlet and I can't see how to stop it without a lot of replumbing.

PUMP
ilVCZMR.jpg

COVER
8Q2kfnt.jpg

What part is broken?
A quick search and I see the lids and twist handles are still available.

I kind of doubt there is a clear lid that would mat up exactly. The Hayward RS pump has a similar type of lid.

What part is broken?
A quick search and I see the lids and twist handles are still available.

I kind of doubt there is a clear lid that would mat up exactly. The Hayward RS pump has a similar type of lid.

The lock handle is broken and a piece of the bolt is still stuck in the basket body. I was hoping to find a clear lid so I don't have to pop the cover open to see if there are any leaves and such.

If the bolt is stuck in the pump body, how would you attach a different lid :scratch:

I think you might need to start considering replacing the pump ... that one has had a LONG life :D

Well, if you got the bolt out, you can buy a replacement for it ... still would not give you a clear lid. There are a few clear lids that attach by bolts on the side, but I have no idea if the bolts would align and if it would seal on the pump basket.

Based on the limited information you have provided, You should only need a smaller 1HP pump, ideally a 2-speed ... or in CA, consider one of the smaller VS pumps.

Thanks. I was wondering about pump sizing. The pool only has one skimmer box and a spa attached by overflow to the pool. I'm hoping that the plumbing is OK, but I am getting bubbles in the return. Hopefully that's just an issue with the basket seal (but I worry because only some of the returns have bubbles). If I can save some money on a smaller pump I can put that into a larger filter. I'm going to go with a cartridge to minimize water use.

Oh, you have a spa? That would likely require a larger pump than I mentioned above. This is why you should fill out your signature. Please add your pool details to your signature as described HERE as it will help us help you.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
There it is.

So anyway, you will likely want to stick with a 2HP 2-speed pump or one of the larger VS pumps to ensure adequate flow for the spa.

You filter is a good bit smaller than I would recommend for that size pool and your location. For DE, I would go with 60sqft, but you mentioned a cartridge, so for that I would look at a minimum of 300 sqft.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.