SE Virginia
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite (T-15)
I received my new Hayward 6060 booster pump in the mail today. The box was obviously dropped. The outside box is crushed on one side and the cardboard supports in the inner box that hold the pump is ripped such the the motor is pressed against the side of the box. There are no obvious signs of damage to the pump/motor itself.

How likely is it that it may be damaged internally by this?

View attachment 36120

View attachment 36121

It's probably fine, but I'd check the entire motor and the wet end very closely for cracks, etc..

Thanks.

I just called Amazon and said I can give it a try, and if there are any issues to contact them and they will replace it. Does this sound like a reasonable plan?

PS - the outside of the inner box doesn't show any damage.

That's just cosmetic. You can pull the cover off to be sure if you want to.

As to whether you should send it back it's up to you if you want to live with the dented cover.

I pulled the back cover off and don't see any damage. The minor dent doesn't bother me as long as it works fine. It's not like my equipment pad would win any beauty contests...lol. :D

It's alive! :D

Got it installed (boy does my back ache!) and it seems to be running fine. It's far quieter than my old Hayward 5060 booster pump ever was. It's even quieter than my main pump motor that I installed one or two seasons ago. As a matter of fact with the main pump on (required to run the booster pump) you can barely hear the booster pump even standing next to it.

Here's hoping it continues to perform well for many, many years to come.

Btw, in my haste to replace the dead booster pump (I hate manual vacuuming!!) I also ordered a new hose kit (not from Amazon) thinking I needed it for the new booster pump. Turns out the old hoses work with the new pump just fine. If I returned the new hose kit I would lose almost as much in shipping costs as the hose kit cost, so I guess I'll just keep it as a spare. :rolleyes:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Good plan. You know as soon as you return it the old hose will break!

Good deal saturn, glad the pump wasnt damaged. Even happier that you seem to very impressed with it being so quiet!

And Zea is right, as soon as you return that hose kit, the old will spring a leak!

Thanks. :)

The old hose is 11 years old, so I'll take your advice and keep the new hose kit. ;)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.