Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Run times

1. Back To Top    #1

Run times

My hot tub controller has settings to run twice a day for 2,4 or 6 hours. Is there a way to have it run for only 1 hour twice a day.
    Thanks
    My pool is a 10,500 gallon (420 Sq Ft ) kidney shape. A hand made sheer decent waterfeature. STA-RITE HRPB30, Sand filter 30" 98 GPM,
    1 HP Maxi-Glas 2 pump, BBB Method, Taylor K-2005 test kit, 50 Watt 12V low-voltage pond light illuminates the pool at night for a nice soft glow.
    250 gallon stand-alone hot tub. Got it FREE!

2. Back To Top    #2

In the Industry

Re: Run times

Buy a timer 115/230v. depending on existing wiring layout. Now, you can set (any hour or time) 1 or 8 hours if you like. Lowe's can outfit with this timer.
    35000 in ground vinyl liner with cartridge filter
    Birmingham,AL

3. Back To Top    #3

That sounds like it should work, the only question I have is will the controller remember the temperature that it was set at?
    After all, I will be disconnecting all power to the unit when the timer shuts off.
    My pool is a 10,500 gallon (420 Sq Ft ) kidney shape. A hand made sheer decent waterfeature. STA-RITE HRPB30, Sand filter 30" 98 GPM,
    1 HP Maxi-Glas 2 pump, BBB Method, Taylor K-2005 test kit, 50 Watt 12V low-voltage pond light illuminates the pool at night for a nice soft glow.

4. Back To Top    #4

In the Industry

No... the controller won't khow the spa's water temp. If you are concern with the temp drop, check and see how well your spa cover is sealed around the spa, observe the spa's water temp every hour for 4 hours and see how much the temp drops. The great thing about using a timer, it cuts the power off the the spa completely, save some energy.
    35000 in ground vinyl liner with cartridge filter
    Birmingham,AL

5. Back To Top    #5

I installed the timer and it works great. Now instead of the tub cycling for 2 - 2 hour cycles, it only operates for 1 - 2 hour cycle. This saves 2 hours per day of run time. The controller also remembers the set temperature.