New pool skimmers and returns - where and how many?

Dec 1, 2013
Hi everyone. I am having a pool built and I'd like some opinions on the number and locations of the returns and skimmers to make sure it's being done right. the pool is in ground, 35,000gal. Depth is 4' throughout. Standard chlorine with sand filter etc. It's basically a big rectangle with a 25 meter swim lane attached. Here is a diagram with the locations of skimmers and returns. Thanks for any advice/help. It's much appreciated.:)

Doug

No pic?

You want the skimmer to be on the predominantly downwind side of the pool. Given the size and what I am guessing the shape, 2 skimmers might be good. And I would think 3-4 returns would be plenty.

Thanks for the reply. I'm having trouble attaching the diagram. The pic is the right size but it says I already have too many attachments even though I don't see any. I'll keep trying...

OK.... I must be retarded. This thing says "Current Attachment Total: 510.3 KB" and it won't allow me to ad anything. I cant find any attachments..... any ideas what I'm doing wrong?

- - - Updated - - -

Think I got it. Here is the pic.

Thanks for the input. Looking at the historical weather data for the area, the wind is very constant in the right direction for the skimmers except for 3 winter months. During those months the wind is shifted about 90 degrees (counter clockwise on my diagram) for about 30-40% of those months. What are your thoughts about putting a third skimmer to catch those times and keeping it shut off until needed. basically having 3 skimmers individually valved and opening the best 2 at a time. Not sure if that is a good idea or just getting silly.....

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.