Can't figure out who the manufacturer is. Need help

chuck

Jun 12, 2007
Hi, I just registered and have a question
I was given an above ground pool and I can not figure out who the manufacturer is. The people I got it from had no papers or info either, nor the people who set it up. They said it is a 24X18 oval above ground pool (the walls are rolled up right now so have not measured it yet I suspect it maybe really was 24X15) The filter is a Hayward, the walls are aluminium (I think),wavy in design and painted blue. It also came with deck all around. It had a beaded liner. It was originally installed in Quincy Mass about 4 years ago. Any idea of who the manufacturer could be or where on the pool the name might be located?

Thanks for any help you can provide
Chuck

The only thing you forgot to mention is that it's probably 4 feet tall! Just kidding - but by your description, it really could be anyone's pool, pump models won't tell you a thing since the pool is manufactured by someone completely different from the working components.
The only thing that may get some answers might be pictures, even then, they'd have to be pretty detailed so someone can see the actual shapes of the uprights and top rails and the design on the wall, the caps that cover the screws on each upright sometimes help identify it too.

Thanks Matt4X4

I will see about getting pictures. Also forgot to mention the beaded liner hooks up to the decking. Any idea where to look on the pool parts for possible manufacturers name?

Chuck

No stickers on the pool wall anywhere? Sometimes the caps on the uprights will have a part number/name on them. Dennis is the go to guy on most AG pool stuff - Dennis, where are you???

What sort of decking is it? Is the decking metal (aluminum, steel, etc.).

What makes you believe that the wall is aluminum (I'm asking this because fewer companies make aluminum walls so this could help narrow it down)?

Thanks

The decking is very little I am assuming it is aluminium. But will double check it. I think your right the wall is probably steel. I will look over every thing again.

Chuck

Chuck,
Is there fencing around the decking, which is a wavy, and most of the pool is blue and white? Generally all the supports are 1.5" square aluminum tube with two lines running down each side and typically white caps? I bet it is similar to the one I have.. I am reassembling a 24ft round unit, ironically, was just about to post this same question (just entered the forum to do it). Here is what I know

My local paper runs adds all the time for these things. Usually they will show a picture of this pool, but say you can get a 31x19OD pool for 995 (or something like that). Anyhow, its a way to get a leg in the door. They are called Bermuda Kings (at least their current model, which is similar in design), and a few others (www.yournextpool.com). We called them up, had them come up. They quoted us around 21k for this AGP (I'm not kidding on that), but they could "work it down" to about 11k. It had a magic filtration system, which used virtually no chlorine/chemicals, and a liner which could stand the subartic temperatures here in minnsota and was supposed to have a warranty which covered everything including owner caused damage (but I heard some comments about prorating). Well, that evening was 2 hours I will never get back, but the only reason i let him stay is, well, think of watching a train wreck...you kind of just do it. Anyhow, I believe they are made by USA pools, or something similar. (I can't remember the name, but can't find a manufacturer called that). I think they may be made by the parent company of Kyak Pools (they don't look like them at all, but everything else is VERY VERY similar). I bought mine used from Craigslist, and baring weather this weekend, I am reassembling it. I had to manufacture new aluminum posts for the damaged ones, but I think all and all it will work well. Anyhow, hopefully we can figure out who this is, as I would like to get some spare parts too (my remade poles are silver, not white).

Let me know what you know (I too do not have any manuals on it)

Thanks
Jamie

Thanks Jamie, what a mystery this is. From your description sound like my pool but round instead of oval. I checked the pool again for manufacturers name nothing.
The yournextpool.com show photos of pool that looks to be from the same manufacturer of mine. Called the number they don't know who manufacturer would have to put me in touch with a contractor (but I am not in there area and don't want take their time) Working off your Bermuda king(s) model I stumbled on onto website for Dooleypools out of Virginia - some off their pool photos looks like mine and their sketch of what the call the Regal Duchess maybe my pool but deck looks a little bigger. I called them nice lady their said their manufacturer is National Pools - I checked their website only see resin pools no steel. It seems to be a generic pool that local contractors/pool sales co. make up their own model names. I tried usa pools, kayak pools, penguin pools could not find a match.
I'll keep trying.

Thanks Chuck

Quick update I called the number Dooleypools gave me for national pools and spoke to a real nice guy there named Art. I described my pool to him he said it sounds like the Regal Duchess model - the model has been around for a while and the name has changed before. He is mailing me a copy of the owners manual for the pool to see if it is the right one. He said they do have a dealer in my area. Told him I would try to contact him if I needed parts. He said the manufacturer was USA Industry (or industries) but said they did not have website (note sure why). Jamie I told him you were looking for similar info he said you can be reached him at 800-288-8428 (Syracuse NY)
I will let you know if I confirm if this is the manufacturer or not.

Thanks Chuck

Chuck,

That is it, thank you so much, however, the correct number to call is 800-288-8423. The other number is, well, something you don't call to at work :shock: :oops: hehhe...turns out I have a Bel Aire, and he is sending me out instructions, as well as I can order some of my missing parts. Great forum we all have here

THANKS

Jamie

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Oh my that was a bad typo - yes the correct tel# is 800-288-8423 NOT 8428! My appologizes.
The company I believe is or was called USA Industries but their web site usa-industries.com is not in use anymore.

Thanks
Chuck

Thanks to this Forum

I was gave an 18x33x48 oval pool i need to replace the top rail bc it is very rusted but i have no idea who the manufacturer is can you help?

Attachments

• !cid__0724121351.jpg
    !cid__0724121351.jpg
    83.7 KB · Views: 114
  • !cid__0724121354.jpg
    !cid__0724121354.jpg
    74.6 KB · Views: 114
Quick update I called the number Dooleypools gave me for national pools and spoke to a real nice guy there named Art. I described my pool to him he said it sounds like the Regal Duchess model - the model has been around for a while and the name has changed before. He is mailing me a copy of the owners manual for the pool to see if it is the right one. He said they do have a dealer in my area. Told him I would try to contact him if I needed parts. He said the manufacturer was USA Industry (or industries) but said they did not have website (note sure why). Jamie I told him you were looking for similar info he said you can be reached him at 800-288-8428 (Syracuse NY)
I will let you know if I confirm if this is the manufacturer or not.

Thanks Chuck
Hi Chuck I know this is from forever ago, by chance do you still have the manual for this pool. We just got it and can’t find anything about it.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.