Question about AL-0, AL-1, AL-3 etc Aqua Rite

ned8377

LifeTime Supporter
Apr 30, 2015
Wake Forest, NC
Does anyone know what the numbers AL-0, AL-1, AL-2, AL-3, AL-4 and AL-5 mean on the Haywood Aqua Rite. These numbers can be changed when at that point by moving from Auto to Superchlorinate. I know that they are for different models and or remote controls but does anyone know exactly what each setting means or is used for?

They are supposed to be for changing the product name. I know that AL-0 means Aqua Rite, AL-1 means Nature Soft and AL-2 means Mineral Springs. What do the rest mean?

Thanks!

I searched. Came up empty. Not sure it matters for anything.
Saw some statement about changing it to communicate with different manufacturers controllers ... no idea how or why you would do that though.

It is the name sent to an automation system.

AL-0 is AquaRite
AL-1 NatureSoft
AL-2 MineralSprings
AL-3 SmartPure
AL-4 This changes the default display from average salt to percent output.
AL-5 This is used with Jandy automation.

Aquarite, naturesoft, mineralsprings and smartpure are essentially the same unit with different branding. Hayward does private labels for certain companies. al-0 to al-3 are basically equivalent other than a superficial name change. AL-4 is not about the name, it just changes the default display. AL-5 needs to be selected for the Jandy automation to control the unit properly.

Thanks JamesW!! The reason I asked about this is because I had inadvertently switched to AL-4 which made the default the percent output. I called Hayward and they told me how to switch it back to AL-0 which is Aqua Rite. Further research revealed that there were AL 1-5 codes.

I've had a huge problem with the display not working right and showing garbage as well and the lights not working right as well as needing a new cell. Anyway, I was able to get the display to work but that is when it started going back to the percent output instead of average salt. Turns out there was a short in the PCB that fits over top of the main PCB. The smaller PCB with the display and lights was messing up when it was moved slightly and had gotten in a bad position. I was able to wedge a piece of cardboard between the metal frame and the bottom of the digital display and now it works fine. I had ordered a cell, main PCB and smaller PCB that fits over top of the main PCB from Amazon. I needed the cell but can probably send back the PCB's once I verify that it is working for a while.

Many thanks JamesW. I did not think anyone was going to answer this but you are a real TFP Expert.

Thanks JamesW!! The reason I asked about this is because I had inadvertently switched to AL-4 which made the default the percent output. I called Hayward and they told me how to switch it back to AL-0 which is Aqua Rite. Further research revealed that there were AL 1-5 codes.

Yes, thank you! I think my flash got scrambled because my cell was set to T-5 and my display defaulted to percent instead of average salt level. I knew how to fix the cell type, but couldn't find the info on the default display.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
The screen attached to my blue PN G1-0661012E-1 (RevB / 1.58) PCB board flickered once when we turned it on the SWG. Ever since, it has been stuck on "AL-5" (it also reset the cell to T-5, but that I could change). I've been unable to change AL-5 to anything else using the diagnostic setting and toggling between Super Chlorinate and Auto. It just remains AL-5.

Does anyone know how to reset the board or change it off AL-5 now that it is stuck on? Thanks!

The screen attached to my blue PN G1-0661012E-1 (RevB / 1.58) PCB board flickered once when we turned it on the SWG. Ever since, it has been stuck on "AL-5" (it also reset the cell to T-5, but that I could change). I've been unable to change AL-5 to anything else using the diagnostic setting and toggling between Super Chlorinate and Auto. It just remains AL-5.

Does anyone know how to reset the board or change it off AL-5 now that it is stuck on? Thanks!
Please see JamesW post just above you. Assuming you are working directly on the controller itself, disconnect the power, remove the front cover and reseat the disp bd. Clean the contacts and inspect the switch. An electronic contact cleaner might help.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.