Pool noob - TFPC fan

May 7, 2015
Lakeville, MA
Just purchased our second home about a month ago and a beautiful IG SWG vinyl pool came with it. Opened it this week and have been studying TFPC everyday. So far chems look solid just working through a few minor issues (below). Threads here have been super helpful so thought I'd dive in (pardon the pnu) and join you nuts.

* Slight air leak on pump inlet fitting - rewrapped with tape and air suction disappeared but thought I heard it again about an hour later... will keep an ear out for it... possible that someone cross threaded the fitting once and it's causing issues getting a good seal.
* Slight water leak from compression fitting on pump outlet. Replaced o-ring and added super lube... leak is now at 1 drip per 2-3 sec... might need to replace the compression fitting
* Heat pump is 2 years old, according to prior owners, but I'm getting a LP (low pressure) error code. Seems it could be due to the main fan... will open 'er up later and test the fan to see if that's the issue... otherwise will need a tech to check the coolant.

All minor issues IMHO... looking forward to jumping in once the temp comes up.

Now... off to research opinions on cleaning bots and swallow that pill...

* Slight air leak on pump inlet fitting - rewrapped with tape and air suction disappeared but thought I heard it again about an hour later... will keep an ear out for it... possible that someone cross threaded the fitting once and it's causing issues getting a good seal.
* Slight water leak from compression fitting on pump outlet. Replaced o-ring and added super lube... leak is now at 1 drip per 2-3 sec... might need to replace the compression

I had a bunch of leaks and used some Permitex #2. Leaked were gone. Teflon tape can cause damage. I broke my skimmer by tightening too tight with teflon tape. 175$ mistake. Now I go finger tight with Permitex then no more than two turns. Sealed does not always mean really tight.

I had a bunch of leaks and used some Permitex #2. Leaked were gone. Teflon tape can cause damage. I broke my skimmer by tightening too tight with teflon tape. 175$ mistake. Now I go finger tight with Permitex then no more than two turns. Sealed does not always mean really tight.

Great advice! thanks! I'll add Permitex to my shopping list. Always careful to never over tighten... in my experience, engineers always double tolerances for pressure ratings so if it isn't sealed after it's been screwed on 75%, it probably won't be sealed if you screw it all the way down (under most circumstances - some types of fittings need the full threading for reasons other than pressure).