columbia station / OH
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
CircuPool RJ-45 Plus
I have had my pool open for a few weeks now and just turned the heater on. My pool heated up to 75, then I noticed the HS error light was on. My heater is only a year old, i have a call into the pool builder but haven't heard back. Does anyone know if this is a part that commonly goes bad (so I should keep a spare on hand) or if it is a DIY fix? It looks like it should be simple enough to repair though I haven't looked into where to buy them or how much they cost.

Heater is still under warranty so don't monkey with it yourself. Call Hayward if the PB doesn't respond. Pool builder may not be a warranty tech for Hayward. They just install them.

Paul, i clicked on your link so it seems you might know the answer to this. What is the effect on the heater of have the in and out lines crossed? Last year when I winterized i must have switched them and didn't look close enough this year when I opened because I didn't take them off. Since start up my pump pressure was running a little higher than last year, but I was still within a normal range so I just assumed i didn't clean the grids good enough. PB came out, uncrossed the lines so I am no longer pushing water through the heater the wrong direction and went on his way. The error code cleared and I noticed by pressure dropped about 6PSI on the filter. I have been running it this way, without the heater on, for about a month. Could I have caused myself any problems?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.