Opening the swamp 2015

Thanks pooldv and Lisa!! That makes me feel much better. My clean running pressure is around 6... 25% would be every time it goes up to 7/8. LOL

So today was interesting.

Woke up to FC at 8 again, CC was 1.5. Brought it up to 14. Switched the pump to filter checking it every hour for air. It was looking so good.

IMG_3601.jpeg

Tested every hour all day, keeping it right around 14. Checked my CYA since it's been about a week since adding. It's hanging out around 33. (Going to check again in a few days.)

I've been the using leaf net/rake thing, and vacuuming with the intex / water hose vacuum. My actual pool vacuum won't work at the moment til the new pool parts come in. So I decided today to vacuum with a knee high inside the bag. What happened was so gross. Almost threw up in the pool! LOL I found where my chlorine is going! 4 knee highs FULL of gross slime. The first one was so full it was exploding out the top when I finally realized what was going on. I guess it had just been going through the bigger holes of the other bag. It was so GROSS!!!!! All in a very small area of the pool too. (Like 3x3 ft max)

IMG_1002.jpg

So in the middle of the crazy slime mess. We had to run to get more knee highs to keep vacuuming. I decided to test the water one more time before we left. It was back to 7 (at least I think.) After the store we finished vacuuming and I was going to test again before going inside because it had been around 45 minutes. All I can figure is that either I added bleach and so did my mom, or I tested with 5ml instead of 10 by accident. When I tested before going in I had 10ml and was at 35 drops and dumped it out because I knew there was no way that could be true. So I washed with pool water and tried again. Finishing this time with 49 drops!!!!!! (FC 24.5) Still not sure how it happened, a few hours later FC had already dropped to 19. Hopefully this once won't hurt. Maybe it'll do some good killing off what is now a green swamp again.

It was dark, but its clearly all gross again!

IMG_1005.jpg

I haven't given up. Just been busy away from the computer.

Finally got the new inlet/return on the pool!! That was a crazy scary experience. It's running so much better. I can leave the pump on filter all day! I think it'll be cleared up by the end of the week.

Tested my CYA and it was somewhere around 40, I adjusted the slam to that just to be safe. I've only added enough to bring it roughly to 30. I've officially gone through 8 gallons of bleach! (not terrible at all.) I'm not loosing much chlorine at all over night. CC is less than .05, but the water isn't clear.

Finally ditching the B adapters !!!!
IMG_4800.jpeg

Tapped the rubber gasket on the side of the pool, so I could cut to the inside. Had my mom holding a bowl over the area on the inside of the pool. Here's the first hole cut!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v372/j5rox/IMG_9484.jpeg

After it was cut we put a bowl on the outside and pushed the new piece through from the inside. Then put the bowl back on the inside to finish hooking it up. It worked out well!! Thanks to everyone who helped this happen!!!

IMG_6629.jpeg

Here's the pool today. It had kind of went in the wrong direction for a few days when the B adapters were causing an air leak.

IMG_1997.jpeg

IMG_8026.jpeg

You're getting close, keep it up. I've got a cartridge filter and had to clean them so many times, but that's a good sign. Glad you got the mechanics fixed, it's nice when you don't have to clean the filter all day right?!

Good luck, Jeff

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Jeff it's so nice not having to keep cleaning it!! I've made it 24 hours now without back washing. The pool is just a cloudy but white mess. Debating if I want to try adding DE or not. I only lost 2ppm FC between 9pm last night and noon today. Less than 1 before sunrise.

You are holding great! I would consider doing DE if you want to. When I got yo your point is when I added my DE. I added and then let it run until low flow from return, then backwashed. I added 4 times total I think. Only during the day. Backwashed before going to bed. The last time I added the pressure hardly raised and I left it for almost 2 days before I had to backwash.

Not much to update still super cloudy. Super day, but still only lost 3ppm chlorine over 24 hours. It's holding good at SLAM level, and no CC. Pump is running 24/7. I've been brushing a lot. Nothing left to vacuum, except to waste because it won't quit raining! Tested CYA yesterday before the rain, its right at 35. I'm sure with it over flowing and draining by the end of this weekend it'll be back to 30! LOL

Trying to save my CYA level for being out of town for a few weeks in June!

I've passed OFCL for 3 days in a row. It's still cloudy though :( I know I'm not suppose to but I'm letting the FC fall closer to normal levels. There is nothing growing in the pool. I'm hardly using any chlorine. I've drained off 3-4 inches of water 3 times in a week. Even in the rain last night I lost less than .5 FC, and CC has been zero for a while now. The water this afternoon was a warm 78*!!

On a good note, I've been using a yard stick to measure how far I could see into the pool. It went from 18" to 32" over a day or two.

IMG_8551.jpeg

So today, no yard stick is required.... I can start to see the pattern on the bottom of the pool!!!!!!!!!

IMG_4151.jpeg

And it even had a little sparkle to the top this evening. So excited. Hopefully swimming by this weekend.

IMG_6774.jpeg

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.