Cleaning A Used Plastic Slide

Feb 26, 2015
Austin
I picked up a 5 year old Interfab X-Stream off craigslist and it needs some cleaning. I can hit it with a 3100 PSI pressure washer, but I can see there are a bunch of stains (rust/paint/etc) that won't spray off.

Anyone know a good cleaning product for this kind of thing?

What is it made of?
The only description they advertise is "Extremely Durable, Impact Resistant, Space Age Plastic Construction". There's a blurb about cleaning that says

Wash with a mild soap such as hand dishwashing soap, avoid using strong cleaners or
abrasives. Avoid strong alkaline (such as tri-sodium phosphate) or highly acidic cleaners.
Avoid bleach and ammonia

I can tell you there's no way in heck dish soap is gonna get rid of some of these stains.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's plastic. I wouldn't worry about hurting it much. Grab some cleaners that are ok for plastic and do some small test spots. Paint??? How does paint get on a pool slide? Wd-40 might take off the rust spots.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.