New build in Prosper Tx just got pool bid

Lol Suz! Insane might be right. I can assure you OB isn't for most and it certainly isn't for the feint at heart. We are moving along quite nicely, but I might slow down a bit due to heavy work loads the next couple of weeks. I can't wait to turn that water on! And I promise that feeling will be even sweeter knowing it is all my doing.

I think the most frustrating thing about PB these days is that they literally don't have much (or anything) to do with a build other than mating subs with home owners. One upon a time, they used to lift a shovel.

lol.. sorry guys, I've been MIA. Work work work!! I'm the one overseeing this. My wife is just yes i like it, No i don't..lol. Well i had the PB add a few more things to the original bid.

Additional 300sq ft of decking (total decking 1100sq ft)
Glass tile to the spa water line and spill away.
Travertine coping for pool, spa, fire pit and raised water feature wall

I've got him down to about 69K.

I do need help on equipment though. What type of pumps would you folks recommend, or am I okay as quoted? I'm going to try to get him to include a robot cleaner instead of the polaris.

Oh by the way, the rain has slowed things down with my home builder. Hopefully the rain goes away!!

Well, it's about time you get back here! Tell that workplace of yours, you have more important things to do!

And I want your wife's job - "Yes I like it, No I don't." That sounds soooo nice to me!

I first read your comment, "I've got him DOWN to about 69K" and thought, he's got to be joking. But I checked back to your first post, and that's actually a pretty good magic trick you're doing! ADDING more upgrades while going DOWN in price. I'm impressed! Do you hire out for negotiations?!

How far along are you guys on the house build?

Sorry, equipment help has to go to the experts around here. Glad to see you around again! Take care. Suz.

Well, it's about time you get back here! Tell that workplace of yours, you have more important things to do!

And I want your wife's job - "Yes I like it, No I don't." That sounds soooo nice to me!

I first read your comment, "I've got him DOWN to about 69K" and thought, he's got to be joking. But I checked back to your first post, and that's actually a pretty good magic trick you're doing! ADDING more upgrades while going DOWN in price. I'm impressed! Do you hire out for negotiations?!

How far along are you guys on the house build?

Sorry, equipment help has to go to the experts around here. Glad to see you around again! Take care. Suz.

lol Suz. Yeah she's a i like it or i don't. Now she does have some strong opinions, but I always play the money factor!...lol.. Anyways. what are your thoughts on using glass tile for the pool water line? PB is trying to talk me out of it.

Why would he try to talk you out of it? It is more work for them BUT it is oh so pretty!

And you DO know who you are asking if you should have some bling in your pool? The queen of bling (fancy covers and jewels for steps)!

I say YES to the glass tile. We will even help you pick out which ones!

Kim

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Why would he try to talk you out of it? It is more work for them BUT it is oh so pretty!

And you DO know who you are asking if you should have some bling in your pool? The queen of bling (fancy covers and jewels for steps)!

I say YES to the glass tile. We will even help you pick out which ones!

Kim

Builder said something about its harder to take care of and run the risk of breaking with our "freeze thaw climate" i was like pleaseeeee we are in Dallas!!

I'm biased, but if you love the glass, then I say, "Go for it!" I read many articles and posts online against glass tiles for the reasons you said: breakage from freezes, popping off, scum on the waterline, etcetera, etcetera, etcetera. I don't doubt any of those things are true. But for me, I love it so much, it's well worth the risk. I was told not to use porcelain tile in my shower, but I have it and love it. I was told not to have the white kitchen sinks (porcelain or ceramic???). I have them and love them. The list could go on and on. I'm ok if something happens with the glass tiles, and I can't wait to see them installed. You may be like us in Houston. If we have hard enough and long enough freezes, then we're going to have bigger problems than the glass tile popping off. We're going to have water pipe issues with water damage in the house!

I've also read that if they are installed properly, you greatly minimize future issues. I think that's one reason PB's don't want to install glass tile. They don't want the pool owner coming back and causing trouble. And yet they don't want to pay for the correct materials and methods to install glass. So I was willing to pay a little extra for the glass installation making sure I got credit for the materials and labor to install regular tile. That makes it less than you think.

It always comes down to the cost:benefit ratio. Is it worth the financial and headache costs for the benefit of enjoying something beautiful. For me it is. Have you found some glass tile you love? There are so many out there now. I love them all!!!! Let us know (with pictures) which ones you are interested in or have chosen!! If I can't own them all, at least I can enjoy looking at other pool owners' tiles, right?! Take care! Suz.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.