compression fittings OK on flexible PVC?

Dec 30, 2013
SF, CA, USA
hi folks, i know flexible PVC cannot be used with barbs and hose clamps, but it can be seated in compression fittings, right? thank you!

(my motivation: ease of disassembly. knowing myself, i am likely to want to change things around later.)

Flex PVC is used all the time with barb fittings and clamps. Not an issue, although I prefer PVC glue.
I can tell you even with barb fittings and clamps, those barb fittings are alomost impossible to get off once they are on.
Why do you think you would move things around?

this was very informative. definitely the slip fit is most common. great to know that i was wrong about the barbs - there is another thread reporting that some worked and some didn't - but if the hose gets so hard to remove, i won't go there.

bk406, i am a tinkerer working with an unorthodox design, so something will go wrong sooner or later. the idea of a system that can't be disassembled without cutting bits of it away and buying new parts is hard for me to swallow. i found 1.5" compression to MPT adapters for $5.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.