Light Selection question

Jan 15, 2015
Tempe, AZ
I saw another post with a similar question, and thought i would post my own so as not to hi jack someone else s thread.
I need a new pool light, i have a Pentair with a blue lens, I am not sure of the wattage, but from the ring etching, it matches with other pentair I have seen online.
Here is my setup:

I have never seen the light on, it was burnt out when I moved in. I would like a fancy LED color changer, but I am not sure if they would work in a pool as big as this. I just have the one light, as indicated by the blue dot in the drawing above.

Would one of those work for something this large? I have read the incandescent 500W are brighter, should I just stick with that? Or should I just get a cheaper and (brighter maybe ) LED white lite and use a colored lens?

Just looking for some knowledgeable input. Thank you.
-Kreedaz

Depends on how bright you want the pool to be. With a red light the pool will be pretty dark.

I installed a color LED bulb in my existing fixture that is controlled by a light switch.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.