Advice on a good PB in Palmdale Ca

Aug 28, 2008
I will be building an in-ground pool in march of next year, and am looking for a good PB in my area(Palmdale Ca). I want to build non salt 17x32 w/ spa, and Decking. Budget about $45 tops.

I have talked to two builders in the area. The first builder, i won't mention, went over everything very fast. He did not take much time to explain the process . He only took about 10 minutes max, to look at the backyard. He walked the measurement of pool area, instead of using a tape measure, which kind of made me nervous. I felt that if i hired him, that during the construction he would start adding xtra costs that were not explained earlier. He did not go into detail like the second contractor did.
So far, i like Alan Jackson Pools. They seem to want to take the time to explain the entire process. The contactor sat with us for a good hour and a half, he went out and took very precise measurements of the backyard, he went into detail about the process, building materials and equipment being used. He took the time to look at the existing fencing as well, explaining how i would have to add to a part of my fence. He walked around explaining where the pumps will be and other main features. I guess i can say that he was very detailed about the job. They are including all kinds of xtra's. The contracor basicaly earned my trust. The only thing is the price, a little over my budget. I still have to take into account that i will be adding solar heating , and fencing as well. These will both be costly items.

Included in price:
- Grey Plaster
-4 feet concreat decking.( May add a couple more feet on one side, without charge.)
-De Filter
-Ozone 3 system
-Intellitouch system
-Spectrum lighting
-Automatic chlorination system .
-Plumbing for future solar heater and other items as well.
Price, $47k I will try to negotiate a little to see if he will help me on this.

******What other questions and or concerns should i have?******

Has anyone worked with them before? If so, what was your experiance?
Has anyone in this area worked with a good PB?

Check the cost on the Intellitouch system and the lighting. You may have exceeded the budget with that.

We were on a budget too and went with a standard timer for the pumps, manual valves and standard lights.
It takes a few seconds to walk over and turn the pumps on and redirect the valves to the spa but it saved us a couple thousand dollars at least.

You can always put that stuff in later if it becomes an issue. Read my review of our builder and my pool.
good-builder-in-the-houston-area-t9635.html

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.