chelpiper

May 6, 2015
Lima, OH
Cheers everyone. I hope all is well. I've already been getting a lot of great information on this site for a few months now but am just getting around to joining TFP. We bought a house back in October that has what I "think" they call a volleyball pool. It is 30' x 15' and was in moderate shape when we moved in. The previous owners were not taking care of it during the previous 5 or 6 months. I paid for an inspection and then also to have it cleaned and closed for the cold Ohio winters. From reading on this site and other sites linked from here, I gathered enough knowledge and opened the pool myself 3 weeks ago (I know early but I was excited to get started) and so far our numbers are looking good. I use the recommended TF-100 kit. I've swam a couple of times already, be it chilly at night. I already have some questions that I will search for answers for later, but I wanted to drop in and introduce myself. I apologize in advance for the grainy picture. It looks a little different now, we put a new auto cover on it which is now dark grey, and have spruced it up with a lot of plants and furniture. This is shortly after we bought it. I will update a new picture along with a more detailed signature later.

Best Regards,

Chad

Attachments

• 2015-05-06 12.34.54.jpg
    2015-05-06 12.34.54.jpg
    49.2 KB · Views: 28
Howdy Chad! Opening up the pool early (and closing late) is a good idea. Open before the water gets too warm gives you time to balance it while any algae that may be present are slowed down reproducing by the cold water.

Enjoy your pool!