Hayward Ecostar with your ThePoolCleaner question

ssml11

LifeTime Supporter
Jul 31, 2014
Miami/Florida
Just installed ThePoolCleaner (2 wheel) on my new pool, running with 3 returns, main drain, one skimmer and one wall suction side fitting.

In order to get the cleaner's recommended 11-13 rpm on the wheels, I needed to:
1- run ecostar pump at 2700 rpm and
2- close the skimmer and main drains valve on my equipment pad down to about 25% each.

So I am finding myself either playing with opening or closing the skimmer and main down to almost zero or running pump at really high Rpms for the three hours I am running the cleaner.

Questions: how does running skimmer and main drain at 25% capacity affect the pool, especially when the pool is running for regular circulations at 1300 rpms? (I did check and even with skimmer and main drain at 25% the pump still gets enough water even if I close the cleaner fitting cap)

If you have a similar setup, I am curious as to what setting you are using?

That cleaner requires one of the lowest flow rates to work. The Ecostar is a very powerful pump. Seems odd that you have to close the floor and skimmer that much.

I would suggest nearly closing the floor off completely to get more flow to the cleaner and skimmer.

Running at low speed does not "affect the pool". Your skimmer may not work as well though.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.