slotted jet...why?

Apr 29, 2015
Sarasota, FL
my pool has three returns. two of the returns are the standard eyeball type return/jets, however one of them is a slotted jet with minimal flow. What is the purpose of having this type of jet? I would like to replace it with a standard one. the other two jets push out a lot of water, very strong current.

As you can see, those fittings are easily interchangeable so try anything you like. That slot looks to me like it is intended to send water in one direction only and it makes sense that it has less volume than the others if they are conventional "eyeball" fittings

I use regular eyeballs on some of my returns, but installed slotted ones in a couple of locations where I wanted the flow to be parallel to the pool wall. That helped me direct floating debris towards the skimmer. I don't have a flow problem with the slotted ones though, so I don't understand what you are experiencing.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.