How to protect plaster step from Kreepy Krauly

May 14, 2014
Austin, TX
Today I noticed that the frequent bumping of the Legend against the first step has worn down the step corner for several feet. It tends to stay there with the body (between the tires) pressed against the step until the water pressure backs off. So far, my thought about preventing further damage is to place a flat rock along the edge so that it will absorb the impact. Is there a more elegant, inexpensive solution for this problem? Moreover, as the plaster otherwise looks fine, if I can protect the edge in some way, can I expect the existing damage to deteriorate even more rapidly, or would it remain stable?

It depends on how deep it is, but most likely it will be fairly stable. Perhaps look into another Robot cleaner would be my suggestion. Or, if you can correct that action, do that, but I wouldn't risk my pool finish. Repairing it would no doubt be far more expensive than a new cleaner.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.