Tested water with TF-100, recommendations from here.

jblizzle is embracing our concept as a teaching forum so let's get you started.

You dosed enough CYA to get to 40 ppm. I think you added that much on purpose by using poolmath, right?

Next step is to get your other parameters into correct ranges.....how does your water look?

The calculator is fairly easy and straight forward. Open it in another tab and start plugging in your numbers. You can look up your goals on the Recommended Levels Chart.

We really want you to take control, but you can't really do that without working things out in your mind.

Also, when adding things to the pool water - especially CYA it's best to do it in smaller stages so you don't overshoot your goal.

Since your water is nice and clear, there is no reason to SLAM at this point. All you need to do is bring your parameters within the guidelines we suggest in Pool School.

There is no ABSOLUTE order but pH is a good place to start. Your pH is a little outside the guidelines we suggest. read "The ABC's of Pool Water Chemistry" up in Pool School......it'll tell you the correct range for pH and it will also tell you how to raise it. Now, you can go to PoolMath and it will tell you how much (20 mule team borax) to raise it the correct amount. Make sense?

I had a feeling that you might know more than you think you know. :D

I mean you have a TF-100, so clearly you have done at least some learning here over the years.

I much prefer for someone to lay out what they think they should do and then we can offer corrections or confirmations. For one, it is easy and quicker for us responders to do that. And second, it proves that you are thinking about what you need to do and obviously trying to learn.

It is not nearly as hard as you may think it is. :goodjob:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.