Pool Restart - help getting numbers where they need to be!

SATX

Apr 6, 2015
San Antonio, TX
Our pool is 4 years old and we just had to drain and refill due to very high CYA. We learned a valuable lesson there :mad: and I am now using TFP to maintain the pool. We refilled the pool 4/21. I bought liquid stabilizer and added that 4/29. I know it takes a while to be reflected on the test. Here were my results today::
FC: 1
pH: 7.5
TA: 140
CH: 125
CYA: 20

I added chlorine (liquid) today, but my questions are about the other numbers.
Will the CYA continue to go up? I added a full bottle about 6 days ago.
Do I need to bring the TA down? I have been adding Muriatic Acid, but the pH hasn't gone below 7.5 (I am basing this on Pool Math:To lower TA you reduce pH to 7.0-7.2 with acid and then aerate to increase pH.) Keep adding?
Should I be concerned about CH at 125?

We have been maintaining our pool since the beginning, but apparently not very well (see above, drain/refill!) I want to do it right this time and avoid future problems as well as unnecessary $$$$ at the pool store! Thanks for this great resource! I have learned so much already!

:wave: Welcome to TFP!!!

Liquid CYA should show up on the test within a few hours. The solid forms may take a week.

Did you use PoolMath to know how much the CYA was expected to rise?

Ignore the TA it is of least importance to worry about.

That CH is a little low for plaster, especially if you keep lowering the pH into the lower 7s.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.