Pentair Kreepy Krauly?

Apr 26, 2015
Jax, FL
When we ordered our soft sided pool (Legacy brand not intex)...the company asked if we wanted an automatic vac. We had them bundle it with the pool and send it to us. It's a splash a round leisure vac and in my opinion works terrible. Plus they overcharged us as I found the same unit on amazon for about $150 less than what we paid. :( I want a vac that is reliable, not too expensive, and something pretty much trouble-free. I would love to buy one of these Pentair kreepy kraulys because they've been around for so long and seem to get good reviews...however this unit I'm wanting is for an in-ground pool. Does it matter if you use an in-ground pool vac on an above ground pool? Is there something I need to be thinking about with this? Thanks!

I believe that's a suction-side vacuum that relies on our pump for power?
I personally just went thru that with the aquabug and I'm not happy with that kind of vacuum. I bought the Aquabot Pool Rover instead (no connection to your pump) and am very happy with it.

I believe that's a suction-side vacuum that relies on our pump for power?
I personally just went thru that with the aquabug and I'm not happy with that kind of vacuum. I bought the Aquabot Pool Rover instead (no connection to your pump) and am very happy with it.

Yes it is a side suction. Connecting all the hoses for the one we have now bugs the heck out of me! Where did you order your Aquabot from and which model did you get? Could you send me a link? Thanks!

- - - Updated - - -

http://www.amazon.com/Splash---Round-Pools-SEC389-Automatic/dp/B0024NKM9U/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1430939359&sr=8-1&keywords=splash+a+round+leisure+vac

This is the one I have now...as you can see the reviews on Amazon aren't good...and there aren't many reviews either....I'm not impressed with it but hate to spend more $$!

I have a Kreepy Krawly which is a suction cleaner and it fits it's name! Goes around in a figure 8 and I have to baby sit it. Takes long time to half way clean the pool when I can hand vac in an hour and be done.saving up for a robot!

I have a Kreepy Krawly which is a suction cleaner and it fits it's name! Goes around in a figure 8 and I have to baby sit it. Takes long time to half way clean the pool when I can hand vac in an hour and be done.saving up for a robot!

I keep reading such good things about it, but thanks for your review! :) I do NOT want to babysit our next automatic vac, lol!

I got the ST40I. I bought it at some online pool superstore just because they were $45 cheaper than amazon.
Some people get the ST50 which has brushes to pick up a little more fine sediment off the bottom. It would be nice, but I find mine cleans very well.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.