Leslies Pool Store

Donny

Feb 1, 2014
Upstate, NY
I just thought I would share this experience from Leslies Pool store, which is local to me. I have a TF 100 test kit and use it accordingly. Having said that I occasionally double check with the test strips just to see what results they offer. So ......, I went into the store asking for the Aquachek strips and the salesman states they only have Leslies own brand. He further claims that I will not find the Aquachek strips anymore because they were bought out by another company. I didn't purchase the strips and went to another store. This store was loaded with the Aquachek and I asked him if they were bought out etc.. He said no, and that he has plenty of stock on the Aquachek. :confused:

Those are a HACH product and they have not been bought out. I don't know if they have sold the name to someone but I doubt it. Just curious, why would you want to check your results with strips? Your kit is reliable, trust your results.

The problem with strips is that many time no chlorine and high chlorine show up,the same way on strips. For a quick test & go I use the OTO test. Almost as quick as strips.

I'm shocked, shocked I tell you! A pool store employee giving out bad information to make a sale......

Can't be! Never happens. I can honestly say that I have never received bad information from any employee of Leslie's pool. :) Maybe because I have never bought anything there! :-D

Only been to Leslies once for some Metal-out because of not wanting to wait a week for it to ship to me. Looked around for a little and paid 30 bucks for something i could have ordered from the internet for 20 bucks if i was to wait for it. Keeping people on the chemical merry-go-round must be the main way they stay open because the price of almost everything in the store is 25 to 33% mark up from internet prices. Can't see many people paying that much mark-up.

I have some Aquachek 6 way strips that are always in a cool dry place except when using them for testing water. Have found them to read FC, Ph and CYA in line with the TF-100. The TC is pretty useless reading and the CH is useless because it reads 250 then 1000 as the next step which isn't any help if you riding around the magic 400 mark. Have found the TA reading consistency to be 10 to 20 high and CC just isn't sensitive enough to read low levels of CC. Yes, i too use them in a rush. Mostly to keep an eye on my ever rising Ph which there is no need to break out the whole kit when the strips read the same Ph.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.