Intex Leak

Shoei1

May 8, 2014
Corona, CA
Hey all,

I could really use some advice. So this year I decided to hard plumb my system and also add and extra inlet and outlet to my pool. Well now I have a leak where the strainers screw into my pvc pipe. I have already drained enough water to tighten the connections already and now do not want to have to drain again. If draining is my only option again I may have to give in and just not have my pool up this year. Attached is a photo.

I thought about a gasket but that would require draining the pool to a level to remove the strainer.

The it drips about a drip every few second. My only worry about leaving it is what will happen when the pump is on. Will that drip turn into a stream?

Is there a silicone glue or something similiar that I can use to put around the tread.

Only one way to find out what will happen when you turn the pump on. :) You probably lose more water to evaporation. You could put a bucket under it to see how much water it over a week. And you could pour it back in the pool for that matter.

Mine did this to me, I read somewhere here where one suggested silicone caulking.
I didn't think it would work being on the pressure side.
But It worked for me!!! Never would have thought it would!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.