Chemistry help

New plaster Jan 2015 similar to Pebble Tech (new to pools and need a little hand holding).
TF-100 test results
CYA 0
CL less than .5
PH 8.2
CDT not pink zero chLorien
CC 0
CH 400 blue but red dots still present
TA 90-100 turned red then green

Obviously chemicals and chlorine are not right. We have brown/yellow spots in pool, some will brush away.
Was going to slam pool but my numbers are horrible. Where do I start???

Fyi we have had several inches of rain in the last month and we are still learning how to properly operate a pool.

:wave: Welcome to TFP!!!

Are you swirling the water samples the entire time you are adding drops? Does not sound like the colors are changing like they should. You should add drops until the last drop causes no further color change and then that does not count.

Get the pH down!!! That is important with new plaster, especially when your CH is a little high.

Have you added CYA at all?
Target CYA up to 30ppm and then start to SLAM .... after you get the pH back in the lower 7s.

Have you been maintaining the pool since January or was some company?

I am also new to this pool thing, but have been playing with a hot tub and it's numbers since October. I can tell you though that investing in the speed stirrer really helped me with my tests. I was not "swirling" enough and my numbers were wonky!

You need some acid big time to get that PH down. I concur with a date with SLAM is in your future. Until then I'd add 1 gallon of bleach to stop any growth right now. Again a SLAM is in order asap.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.