Chicago, IL
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
CircuPool RJ-60 Plus
Has anyone purchased a liner on line recently and had a good experience? I fell in love with the Glimmer Glass design that I found on linerworld.com, but after having found some negative reviews about the quality of liner received vs. what was advertised, I got nervous and then found the below last straw in their terms and conditions:

Specifications of pool liners for the purpose of this agreement are defined here: Pool liner size and shape are approximations and not considered exact measurements. Liner gauge is considered as Liner World s description of what is good quality and what is better than good quality. More specifically, 20 Gauge means: Liner World s definition or opinion of what is good or average quality & 25 Gauge means: Liner World s definition or opinion of what is better than good or average*quality. These are not mathematical definitions or definable for purpose of this agreement, except that it is Liner World s opinion. If you are ordering / purchasing a pool liner you are doing so based on Liner World s definitions and opinions of the pool liner specifications. You agree to give Liner World the right to define these specifications, definitions, and declarations any way they see fit, regardless of the definitions, specifications, and declarations of the manufacturer, even if the manufacturer s specifications, definitions, or declarations are differing, or completely opposite of Liner World s definitions and opinions for the product being ordered.

Yikes! So that is that. I did find one other seller on Amazon and ebay with the glimmer glass liner, but there are a fair amount of similar quality complaints so now am wondering if glimmer glass is just cheaply made by a single manufacturer and I should find something else.

Can someone share good experiences? Anyone have a good sense of what a quality liner "should" cost? If I am seeing $350 and under for a liner that size, should I just run away? I don't mind paying, I am just having a hard time finding something I like from a reputable seller.

I really do not know, as I've never ordered a replacement liner. It is my understanding, though, that gauge is a term to be wary of, as it is a subjective assessment. I believe you should look for a liner that says 20 (or 25) mil instead, as mil is a quantifiable measurement.

I bought a liner from linerworld in march. I bought their "best" 25 gauge for an 18ft round. The price was 148.00 free shipping. They tacked on a 20.00 surcharge that I had not notice at first total was 168 shipped. ( I complained about the surcharge and got the 20.00 back) The liner came fast. I ordered on a monday and had it by thursday.
I had a pool pro install it and ask how did he like the liner. He said he liked it a lot, was easy to install looked good and was of a good quality material. The pool is ready to swim in if the storms would stop.
Every place I looked if it was a above ground pool liner it was always rated in gauge, if it was inground some place had it rated in mills. I hope the liner lasts a long long time, only time will tell.

Go with the highest mils you can get with a liner. The lower the mils, the thinner and cheaper the liner is.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.