Kidswimin

May 4, 2015
Madison, WI
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Long time reader, first time poster. I opened my pool this weekend, used a net to get most of the big stuff. Got the pump running, and started to vacuum the leaves and other debris off the bottom. I removed the vac plate from the skimmer basket to empty it, tried to vacuum more, and pump lost prime from sucking air when removing vac. I tried everything (I think) to reprime the pump, and it won't. I blew the lines out with air to see if anything got behind the skimmer basket while emptying. I replaced o-rings on the pump plugs, and resealed all other fittings. I tried to get the pump going with just the skimmer line, just the bottom drain line, and both. Nothing seems to help.
Any Ideas?

I think I found the problem. When pump is off there is a drip coming from the bottom of the band clamp the oring looks good but I will replace. Should I also replace the clamp. Any other ideas

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.