Pictures of Crusher Rock Compacted Please??

meganv

Jul 2, 2012
San Diego, CA
I tried searching, but maybe I wasn't using the right key words.

I'm trying to find photos of the compacted crusher rock used as a base for pools.

We are thinking of using this as our base for an intex style pool, and possibly extending it out to make a patio area.

Once compacted, could you put chairs on this material without the legs sinking in?

Thank you thank you thank you for the help!! :confused:

In NC, crusher rock is called "crusher run" or "crush and run". It has too many big rocks in it to make a good base for a pool.

Take a look at "screenings". It' cheap and a very good pool base. Still can't use if for a patio, though.

Dave,

limestone screenings? That is the only one I am seeing sold in my area. In the Polygroup vs Intex thread, he used "3/4 crusher run with fines". It looks similar, but this is not the recommended material?

Maybe I should just pour concrete :hammer:

We use limestone screenings under paver stone patios and once we compact it, it is as hard as concrete. The screenings we use are basically a large grained sand up to a small gravel (<1/4"). A base of limestone crusher run with a 2" layer of screenings should work fine

It is called various things from lime stone dust, screenings and crusher. Depends on where you are located. Kinda like pop n soda. :mrgreen:

I don't have an AGP, but under my fiberglass pool they lined the pool bed and filled around it with crush and run. If you look at the link in my siggy line you should see a picture of it. I hope it helps you in some way?
l
Skippy used some extra here and there around the yard and pool equipment pad and I *HATE* walking on it. Please think twice about putting chairs on it.

Yippee

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.