Solar Diverter question

I have an above ground pool. Last year, I added a solar heater that had a built in diverter valve. This year, I want to mount the heater on a roof and wont be able to access the built in diverter. I have seen the "H" style diverters for sale. This may be an odd question, but if the valve is set to "open" (in other words, to bypass the heater), what is preventing water from continuing to try to go up to the heater? Or does the water take the path of least resistance and go back into the pool? I guess what I am asking is, will something like this achieve my goal of bypassing the heater when necessary? http://www.amazon.com/SunKeeper-Sun...&sr=8-26&keywords=solar+heater+diverter+valve

Yes, that will work for you. And also yes, the water will take the path of least resistance, in this case it would require more pressure to push water up to your heater than to push through your bypass valve and right back to your pool.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.