Northville, Mi
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
Had a company close for me last winter and opened up my pump and found this plug. Have *no* idea what the heck it is or where it goes! The threads are the same size as the return openings, but this was in the pump basket in the pump.

Help!

Attachments

• unknown_plug.jpg
    unknown_plug.jpg
    70.5 KB · Views: 121
That looks like a filter drain plug to me, though I can't be certain.

If you can't figure out where it goes, water will spray out from the correct spot as soon as you turn on the pump. So one way or another you will be able to figure it out eventually.

Yep. You guys were right about all of it! Pentair filter drain plug, not obvious, and a pain to get the threads started!! But it's in and sealed tight now.

Incidentally, Jason's approach worked perfectly with a different plug in the system that I didn't even know was out! It was indeed quite exciting, although would have been moreso if I had been standing in front of that plug when the water came out in a hose-like stream! Ah, the adventure of owning a pool!

Yep. You guys were right about all of it! Pentair filter drain plug, not obvious, and a pain to get the threads started!! But it's in and sealed tight now.

Incidentally, Jason's approach worked perfectly with a different plug in the system that I didn't even know was out! It was indeed quite exciting, although would have been moreso if I had been standing in front of that plug when the water came out in a hose-like stream! Ah, the adventure of owning a pool!
:drown: We need photos.....

Ah, but if only I had a camera rolling when that stream came out and almost nailed my neighbor who ha come over to talk to me!!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.