Filling pool after new plaster job

May 3, 2015
Rockwall/texas
My pool was just finished yesterday and we have been filling the pool with three hoses. I am wondering when I should start filling the spa. The spa spills over into the shallow end of the pool. The water has just reached the shallow end. He left me info on start up, chemicals and cleaning the filter, but told me over the phone if it takes too long I should spray the plaster with a hose so it stays moist. I am not sure about this, because wouldn't leave marks where the hose spray is settling. I had the pool re plastered with ultra brite marble finish.

Welcome to the forum!

As long as there are several inches of water in the shallow end where the spa will spill over, it should be fine to let it start spilling over there.

If he told you to wet the plaster, then do so evenly as possible. Otherwise, he may blame you for something if you don't. The number of gallons you list is quite large. How big is this pool, just out of curiosity?

Welcome to the forum and congrats on the "remodel" :wave:

How about a photo or two to show it off ??

+1 with following the advise you were given.

Wow, that is a lot of pool! I love it though, sounds great, and yes, we would love seeing it.

I would not let it spill over then until there are at least that many inches of water over the seat. If you would please, add the dimensions to your signature. If not, someone will be asking you again about that.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.